Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mardi Gras

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent. A time to reflect on our lives. Trevor made a great observation. Lent is like making New Year's resolutions. It really is. You are resolving to make changes in your life that are keeping you from growing closer to Christ.
While Lent is 40 days, the point is to carry the changes throughout the rest of the year and your life. The 40 days is to help you break those habits.

Rather than 'indulging' today, and repenting tomorrow I decided to start my Lenten plan today:

1. Limiting my television to 2 hours/day. - I didn't completely take it away, because Trevor and I like to spend time together watching 30 Rock, The Office, and Mythbusters. This will pretty much take away the time wasting television during my days off that keeps me from doing what I need to do around the house.
2. Pray the rosary, every day I'm off and saying a shorter prayer on my work days.

I'm hoping by making my intentions public, that I will actually follow through.

Happy Mardi Gras!

No comments:

Post a Comment