Prep: 40 minutes Bake: 35 minutes Oven: 350 F Stand: 1o minutes Makes: 12 servings
9-10 dried lasagna noodles
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups cream-style cottage cheese, drained I couldn't find this so i just used small curd cottage cheese, it worked fine
1 15 oz carton ricotta cheese
2 tsp dried Italian seasoning, crushed
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup chopped onions (1 large)
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil or cooking oil
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cup milk
1 10oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained I used fresh spinach and just eye balled it
1 10oz pkg frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained I used fresh broccoli, about 2-3 broccoli w/ stems
1 cup shredded carrots We had baby carrot already in the fridge. Would not recommend using. Use the big carrots. It hard to shred the baby carrots.
3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (3 oz)
1 8oz pkg shredded mozzarella cheese (2 cups)
1. Cook noodles according to pkg directions. Drain; set aside.
2. In a bowl combine eggs, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, and Italian seasoning; set aside.
3. In a large skillet cook mushrooms, onion, and garlic in hot oil until tender. Stir in the flour and 1/2-1 tsp black pepper, add milk all at once. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. remove from heat. Stir in the spinach, broccoli, carrot, and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
4. In a greased 3-quart rectangular baking dish layer 1/3 of the noodles, trimming or overlapping as needed to fit. Spread with 1/3 of cottage cheese, then 1/3 of vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with 1/3 of mozzarella. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake, uncovered, in 350 F oven about 35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.