Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cheese Enchiladas

Going along with our more vegetarian life style (we aren't really vegetarians but we've cut out a lot of meat in our diet) I made cheese enchiladas from a recipe I found on AllRecipes.com. It was pretty easy and cheesy. =) I think the next time I make them I'll use less onions and chop them finer. Though it's difficult for me to chop onions, they make me cry so badly that I can barely see what I'm cutting.


Prep Time:
20 Min
Cook Time:
30 Min
Ready In:
50 Min



Ingredients

  • 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
  • 2 teaspoons Creole-style seasoning
  • 1 (12 ounce) package corn tortillas
  • 1 (8 ounce) package Cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 (6 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
  • 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl combine tomato sauce, tomato paste and Creole-style seasoning.
  3. Warm tortillas in microwave, or in oven; dip them in the tomato sauce mixture and lay them in a 9x13 inch casserole dish. Fill each tortilla with cheese, onion, olives and mushrooms; roll. Repeat until dish is full. Sprinkle a small amount of cheese on top.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

1 comment:

  1. Grace, you need to get a pampered chef chopper! I have it, and absolutely LOVE it! hehe...the onions go in, and its closed, and diced fine. Very little eye irritation! :) PS - Hope all is grand!

    ReplyDelete