For Trevor's birthday, I made this really delicious meal! It from the Real Simple Best Recipes: Easy, Delicious Meals cookbook. It's really simple and sooo good!
Hands on time: 25 minutes Total time: 30 minutes Serves: 4
2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
3/4 cup crumbled Feta (3 ounces)
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup halved kalamata olives
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 small cucumber, diced
1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh dill If you choose to use dried dill because it came in your spice rack, like me, keep in mind that dried dill is more potent than fresh. Therefore you need less. Our stuff turned out a little too dilly.
4 pieces flat bread or pitas, warmed
1. In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, Feta, onion, and olives.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together 4 tablespoons of the oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons or the vinegar, the lemon juice, oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Silly me! I misread this when I made the dish, I put the full amount of red wine vinegar. But it still tasted good!
3. Pour 2 1/2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette over the tomato mixture, toss, and set aside. Add the chicken to the remaining vinaigrette and toss to coat.
4. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer the chicken (but not the liquid) to the skillet and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 3-4 minutes per side.
5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, cucumber, dill, and the remaining teaspoon of vinegar. Serve with the bread, chicken, and tomato salad.