Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mom Boone's Taco Soup

Mom Boone makes an awesome Taco Soup! For my bridal shower my awesome bridesmaids made me a recipe book and Mom Boone's Recipe is in it. This is Trevor's favorite soup! 


Ingredients:
1lb 93% lean ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 pkg of ranch dressing mix
1 pkg taco seasoning  I used hot taco seasoning, we like things spicy
1 can chili hot beans
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 cup frozen white corn  I used the same white corn I used in the Southwestern Salad and Vegetarian Tacos
2 cans of Mexican tomatoes (diced tomatoes with peppers or stewed Mexican style tomatoes)
1 can of water

Directions:
Brown meat and onions. Stir in ranch and taco seasoning. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer for 1 hour. Serve with tortilla chips and sour cream. I topped it off with some Mexican shredded cheese. We used the Organics white corn tortillas, best tortilla chips I've ever tasted!!!!

1 comment: